The Bachelor is a dating show and there are different versions in many countries. When you travel, you will discover that the country you are in has The Bachelor, but not the same one that you watch at home. Switch back to your own home country’s version of The Bachelor no matter where you are.
Where to stream The Bachelor online
The Bachelor is a dating show in which one guy gradually whittles down a pool of women until he arrives at the one who is the winner. The original concept was that the selecting bachelor would then marry the winning candidate.
The concept is very popular since its first airing in March 2002. Rather than selling the series into other markets, the distributor of The Bachelor sold the format instead. There are now national versions of The Bachelor in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Israel, Croatia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, India, Indonesia, Japan, Thailand, and Vietnam. Versions used to run in Brazil, China, France, Italy, and in the UK but have now been canceled.
The Bachelor is an ABC series. When a season is in progress, it can be watched online at the ABC website live. The last few episodes are available on the website for catchup. Access to videos at the ABC website requires service details from a cable TV provider. Those who don’t subscribe to cable TV can watch episodes of The Bachelor online at Hulu + Live TV, AT&T TV Now, or YouTubeTV.
Older seasons of The Bachelor are available on Netflix.
The UK version of The Bachelor was available on BBC Three from 2003 to 2005 and on Channel 5 from 2011 to 2019.
The US version of The Bachelor and the Canadian version of the show are both available in Canada on City TV.
In Australia, Network Ten has The Bachelor Australia and older series of the USA series are shown on the Nine Network.
Free The Bachelor streaming channels
In most countries, the local version of The Bachelor is shown on terrestrial channels all of which can be accessed for free on the corresponding website of the station.
Why use a VPN to stream The Bachelor
It is only possible to watch The Bachelor when you are in the country that it was made for. So, if you have been watching The Bachelor in the USA and then travel to Japan, you won’t be able to watch the show at ABC.com.
If you want to watch the version of The Bachelor in a country other than the place you are in, you need to make it seem as though you are in that country. This is because the computers that send out the stream for the video can look up the physical location of the address on the request for the video. If the request comes from outside the country, the video system sends a blocking message instead.
Users of a VPN select a country from a list before connecting to the system. When the connection gets established, it will be made from the protected device to a server in the selected country. All traffic going out of the protected computer goes through the VPN server and on the other side, it travels out with the VPN server’s address on it. So if you are in Japan and connect to a VPN server in the USA, the ABC.com computer will think that the request for The Bachelor came from the USA. It has no way to tell that you are really in Japan. The VPN automatically forwards all of the video streams to your device in Japan.
How to stream The Bachelor with a VPN
Follow these seven steps to watch The Bachelor version for a different country.
- Subscribe to a VPN – look at our list below.
- Install the VPN app on your device. Open the VPN app and log in.
- Select a server location from the list in the VPN app. It needs to be in the country of the version of The Bachelor that you want to watch.
- Open a browser or the dedicated app for the streaming service.
- Connect to the streaming service.
- Log into your streaming account.
- You should be able to stream The Bachelor.
A VPN can only change the location that you seem to be in. It does not remove the need to log in to a streaming service. In the case of ABC, you will not be able to watch The Bachelor on the ABC website if you don’t have a login from a cable TV system. Similarly, if you go to YouTube TV, Hulu + Live TV, or AT&T TV Now online, you won’t get in if you don’t have a membership to those systems.
Best VPNs for streaming The Bachelor online from anywhere
Our top pick!
- Always evades internet control in the PRC
- Keeps ahead of the Netflix VPN detection algorithm
- Benchmark tests show excellent speed
- Smart DNS service, understands the technology
- Comprehensive security add-on package.
- No data throughput limits and has a no-logs policy
- More US city locations than its rivals
- Includes malware protection
- No-logs policy
- No limit on the number of devices you can connect at the same time
- SOCKS5 proxy, which its main rivals don’t have
- More VPN servers in more US cities to dodge blackouts
- Precise locations
- Very large VPN server network
- Offers a 45-day money-back guarantee