How to Live Stream the Primeira Liga Around the World
For the record, BestVPN.org does not condone copyright violation with the help of a VPN but promotes online privacy and security afforded by Virtual Private Networks.
The Primeira Liga, also known as Liga NOS, is the top tier of the Portuguese football league system, where the best athletes in Portugal and elsewhere go head-to-head to decide the most dominating club in a country with a long history of high-level football competition.
Founded in 1934, Primeira Liga has steadily been stepping up its level of play and international reputation in recent years. Follow my advice below on how to stream the league’s matches from locations all over the globe in order to not miss out on exciting Primeira Liga action.
Where to Stream the Primeira Liga Online
In the U.S.
If you’re an American hoping to catch live Primeira Liga matches, you have a couple of options, and one is much better than the other.
GolTV has the television rights to broadcast the league’s matches and airs 3-5 matches each week, unfortunately it is currently difficult to find a provider that actually carries the channel. Luckily, the streaming service fuboTV, available anywhere in the country, DOES carry the channel.
FuboTV costs $19.99 for your first month after your seven day free trial, and then $44.99 forever after. The service is available to watch on a wide range of platforms, including iOS, Android, Chromecast, Roku and Amazon Fire TV. In order to watch Primeira Liga matches you’ll have to pay an additional monthly fee for one of a selection of premium packages (the cheapest is the International Sports Plus option at $5.99 a month) in order to gain access to GolTV.
Don’t panic, canucks. fuboTV is also available in your country, albeit in the slightly different “Canadian Package” which unfortunately does not allow subscribers access to GolTV. However, you are able to watch Benfica TV, a Portuguese sports channel that airs Primeira Liga matches.
In Latin America
GolTV has a Latin American channel known as GolTV LatinoAmérica available through many providers in Central and South American countries. Unfortunately it does not seem to air Primeira Liga matches. The best bet for those living in this region of the world is probably to use a VPN provider to obtain a US internet connection and subscribe to fuboTV, a process I’ll describe later.
In the UK
Primeira Liga fans in the UK can catch live matches on two BT Sport networks: BT Sport ESPN and BT Sport Extra. The network also offers an app available on both iOS and Android that will stream select matches, as well.
European broadcasters, and the amount of coverage of Primeira League matches, varies widely from country to country. Check here for more information about which channel broadcasts the league in your country.
Aussies are mainly out of luck when it comes to options for viewing Primeira Liga matchups, as no domestic providers have deals with the Portuguese League. However, RTP Internacional, available through certain cable providers, does air a few matches throughout the season.
Using a VPN to Stream Primeira Liga Matches
The opportunities to catch Primeira Liga matches, while pretty good in the US, are limited in other countries, or not present at all. If you live somewhere without any reasonable means of accessing Primeira Liga action, your best bet is probably to acquire a VPN (virtual private network) through a choice provider that will anchor your internet connection to the United States and allow you to sign up for the fuboTV streaming service.
FuboTV is geoblocked outside of the US and Canada, but a VPN will enable you to bypass these regional restrictions and use the service.
In order to obtain a VPN provider that will allow you to sign up for fuboTV, gain access to GolTV and --at last--watch Primeira League matches, just follow these steps:
- Choose a VPN provider with a sturdy reputation and a large selection of US servers. I recommend ExpressVPN, NordVPN, or BulletVPN. Each is reasonably priced, allows for unlimited bandwidth, and offers excellent customer support.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions on the provider’s site and install the VPN client on the device you wish to use for streaming, and then log in.
- Once you login, you will have the choice of a wide range of servers within the US. It may take some trial and error to find the one that allows for the best connection. Once you find it, stick with it.
- Clear your browser’s cache.
- Go to the fuboTV website and sign up for your desired service, and don’t forget to choose a premium package that grants you access to GolTV. Remember, you are given a free trial, so if things don’t work as planned, you may always cancel.
- Watch Primeira Liga matches on GolTV!
The Best VPNS to Stream Primeira Liga from Anywhere
- Excellent download and upload speeds.
- Great security features like a kill switch option and DNS server ownership.
- Price as low as $6.67 a month
- Based in British Virgin Islands.
- Over 1500 servers in 94 countries.
- Works on all devices.
- Terrific around-the-clock customer support.
- Three devices can connect simultaneously.
- Price as low as $2.75 a month
- Kill switch feature.
- Top notch customer support.
- Trademark “double encryption” data protection
- Based in Panama.
- 3000+ servers in 64 countries.
- Compatible with Android, iOS, WIndows, Linux, and Mac
- Allows torrenting.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Support for many devices, including Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Fire Stick (no linux support).
- Price as low as 7.50.
- 3 simultaneous devices.
- Based in Estonia.
- 47 servers in 29 countries.
- Smart DNS proxy feature