The addictive TLC reality show that you didn’t know that you needed, 90 Day Fiancé has a unique premise that places a countdown on the show’s guest couples’ life decisions. Each season follows several engaged couples, one of which is a non-US citizen on a short-term K-1 visa specially for foreign fiancés of US citizens, as they use the 90-day duration of the visa (hence the title) to decide whether to go all the way with the marriage, or not.
In the end, some couples decide to go through with it, while others break it off, but it’s an exciting ride (and frequent trainwreck), either way, totally recommended for anyone drawn to reality shows with unusual, larger-than-life characters in high pressure situations. 90 Day Fiancé has run for six seasons and spawned two spin-offs, 90 Day Fiancé: Happily Ever After? and 90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days so there’s a huge backlog of episodes to watch once you get hooked.
Where to stream 90 Day Fiancé
In the dark ages, cord cutters were out of luck if they wanted to stream 90 Day Fiancé. The show’s network, TLC streamed (and continues to stream) episodes of the show on their website, but you need TV provider info to access them. However, in the past year, the streaming service Hulu added 90 Day Fiancé (along with many other TLC shows) to its already extensive streaming library of thousands of series and films.
Hulu costs $7.99 a month with ads, or $11.99 a month for the next level, ad-free option and perhaps even bests Netflix in its library of contemporary series from major broadcast and cable networks, if not in original programming. If you end up loving 90 Day Fiancé, there’s a ton more like it on Hulu.
Why use a VPN to watch 90 Day Fiancé
While Hulu may seem like a great deal, there’s one big roadblock many will have to deal with before streaming content on the service: it’s technically only available in the US. I say technically because there’s workaround that is cheap and doesn’t take much effort: a VPN.
A VPN (virtual private network) is an excellent web tool that routes your connection through servers scattered across the world, granting you a local IP address and allowing you to view content exclusive to that particular country. To watch 90 Day Fiancé from outside the US, all you need to do is log on to a US server before using Hulu, and you won’t experience any issues. VPNs also come equipped with great security features like data encryption, split tunneling and an automatic kill switch that render you hacker-proof and protect you from other bad actors on the web.
How to purchase Hulu from outside the U.S.
But wait, there’s one more concern for those hoping to stream 90 Day Fiancé on Hulu from outside the US: the service only accepts US debit and credit cards as forms of payment.
Don’t worry, though, there’s a solution to this dilemma, too. Walmart sells $25 and $50 Hulu gift cards through their website that you can use to pay for the service. They’ll send you a code via email that you can use during the subscription process. Just one of those $25 cards will pay for three months of subscription, and don’t forget: the first month is free.
How to watch 90 Day Fiancé from outside the US with a VPN
- Purchase a subscription to a choice VPN with a plenty of U.S. servers (ExpressVPN is our top choice)
- Download and install the VPN client on the device you prefer to stream television on (as well as every other device).
- Through the VPN, client, connect to a US server.
- Surf over to to the Hulu website and buy a subscription. Those without a US credit or debit card will need to grab one of those Walmart gift cards to pay for it.
- Download and install Hulu on all of your compatible devices, unless you prefer to stream shows on your PC or laptop. In that case, you can just head to the Hulu website.
- Making sure that your VPN client is connected to a US server, enter Hulu and dive into 90 Day Fiancé (followed by 90 Day Fiancé: Happily Ever After? and 90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days).
- VPNs are compatible with just about everything you throw at them: iOS and Android phones/tablets, digital streaming devices, video game consoles, and certain types of TVs like LG and Samsung models. Compatibility varies from one VPN to another, so double-check each VPN’s list to find out which ones support your devices. .
- The Hulu app is available for Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire tablets, Fire TV, iPhone, Ipad, Mac and PC Browsers, Nintendo Switch, Playstation 3 & 4, Xbox 360 & One, Roku, and select models of LG Samsung TVs. Check the complete list here.
Best VPNs for watching 90 Day Fiancé
Our top pick!
- Always evades internet control in the PRC
- Keeps ahead of the Netflix VPN detection algorithm
- Benchmark tests show excellent speed
- More US city locations than its rivals
- Includes malware protection
- No-logs policy
- Golden Frog, the business behind VyprVPN also runs a gaming platform
- VyprVPN pioneered obfuscation techniques and they have always worked well
- VyprVPN’s no logs policy is confirmed by an independent audit
- 24-hours free trial
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No logs and no bandwidth caps
- Precise locations
- Very large VPN server network
- Offers a 45-day money-back guarantee