How to Watch Family Guy from Outside the US with a VPN
Top 3 VPNs
Want to feel ancient? Seth MacFarlane’s beloved animated comedy, Family Guy, is currently airing its seventeenth season on Fox. Even after over twenty years in existence, the Griffins’ adventures--moving along in the show’s trademark gag-a-second style--never fail to entertain. By melding character-driven humor with irreverent commentary on current events and cutaway jokes ribbing American popular culture, the show has stayed just as relevant as the day it first aired, way back in 1998.
Chances are you’re familiar with Family Guy at this point, and you either love it or hate it. If you are in the “hate it” camp, then you probably aren’t interested in streaming the show, but if you’re a big fan, there’s a good chance that at least a few episodes that you missed the first time around. Well, lucky for you just about every episode ever is available to stream, all in one place.
Where to Stream Family Guy
Along with the rest of Fox’s animated sitcoms, including Futurama, King of the Hill, and American Dad, Family Guy has recently relocated from Netflix to Hulu. If you don’t already subscribe to the service, this development makes a subscription to Hulu an enticing preposition. All sixteen previously aired seasons of Family Guy are available, with new season seventeen episodes becoming available soon after they broadcast on television. Currently, 317 episodes are available. If you want to stream Family Guy, Hulu is the place to do so.
Hulu costs $7.99 a month with commercials or $11.99 a month for the premium ad-free plan, and comes with a streaming library of thousands of series, including the aforementioned Fox animated shows and a host of others from the major broadcast networks. The one-month free trial sweetens the deal: if you aren’t into the service, or if you finish bingeing all of Family Guy within a month, you can cancel anytime within that period. There’s just one issue for Non-US residents: the service is only available in the US.
Why Use a VPN to Watch Family Guy
If you live outside of the the United States, you’ll need a VPN to stream Family Guy on Hulu. A VPN (virtual private network) is a handy tool that funnels your internet connection through servers around the world using encrypted tunneling. Therefore, regardless of your actual geographical location, with a VPN you’ll be able to enjoy content restricted to particular regions by connecting to servers within the same country. This makes using Hulu as easy as logging on to a US server through a VPN like ExpressVPN before entering the service, no matter if you are in Luxembourg, or Indonesia.
Besides allowing you to bypass geoblocking, VPNs do a lot more for you by rendering your internet connection completely anonymous and secure through strong data encryption. With all of omnipresent cyber threats these days, subscribing to a VPN is a good idea whether or not you need it for streaming services.
How to Purchase Hulu from Outside the U.S.
Hulu presents one more hurdle for non-US residents to jump before accessing their service: non-US debit and credit cards are not accepted as payment for the service. Even if you only want to take advantage of the one month free trial, you’ll still need a form of payment to sign up.
Fortunately, there’s a way around this: Walmart sells Hulu gift cards for $25 or $50 a pop that you can use to sign up for the service. After purchase, they’ll email a code that you input during the sign up process.
How to Stream Family Guy from Outside the US with a VPN
- Buy a subscription to a top VPN with a large selection of U.S. servers (ExpressVPN is one of the best)
- Download and install the VPN app on your digital media player or whatever you watch Family Guy on, along with any other device that you surf the web with.
- Connect to a server within the United States using the VPN app.
- Go to the Hulu website and order a subscription. If you don’t have a US credit or debit card, you’ll need to get that Hulu gift card from Walmart, first.
- Download and install Hulu on all of your devices, or just go to the Hulu website if you prefer to stream from your PC or laptop.
- After checking that your VPN app is still connected to a US server, go ahead and choose Family Guy from the Hulu catalog and select from over 300 episodes.
- VPNs are compatible with nearly everything: iOS and Android phones/tablets, digital streaming devices, video game consoles, and certain types of TVs like LG and Samsung models. Compatibility varies, though. Make sure the VPN you’re zeroing in on is works with the device you plan to use it with.
- The Hulu app is available every major platform, including Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire tablets, Fire TV, IPhone, Ipad, Mac and PC Browsers, Nintendo Switch, Playstation 3 & 4, Xbox 360 & One, Roku and select models of LG Samsung TVs. Check the complete list here.
The Top Five VPNs for Streaming Family Guy
- 2000 servers in 148 cities around the world, with 20 U.S. locations
- 256-bit data encryption
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Doesn’t keep connection logs or activity logs
- Excellent for Hulu and Netflix
- Terrific 24-7 live online customer support
- The best VPN for China
- $8.32 a month with a one-year commitment
- 2000+ servers in 140 countries, including man 13 US locations
- High speeds perfect for 4K streaming
- Five simultaneous logins with one subscription
- Zero bandwidth restrictions
- Split tunneling feature
- No activity logging
- Automatic kill switch
- One month money back guarantee
- Plans start at $2.95 a month for a one-year plan
- A whopping 5000 in 60+ countries around the world, with over 1900 servers in the US
- Six simultaneous connections
- No surveillance or activity logging.
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 24/7 live customer support
- Great security: kill switch feature, end-to-end encryption
- Only $2.99 a month with the purchase of a 3-year plan
- Over 3000 servers worldwide, with 541 in the United States
- 7 simultaneous connections with one membership
- Intuitive app with one-click connection
- Works excellent with Hulu
- 256-bit AES data encryption
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Kill switch feature
- DNS and IP leak protection
- Plans start at $3.50 a month with an 18-month commitment
5. Ivacy VPN
- 1000+ Servers in 100+ countries around the world, including 15 servers in the US
- High-end 256-bit data encryption
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Advanced IPsec & IKEV protocols
- 5 simultaneous connections
- Automatic internet kill switch
- Alternative payment methods available: Paypal, Alipay, Bitcoin and others
- Just $2.25 a month with the purchase of a two-month subscription