How to Watch Killing Eve Online with a VPN
Killing Eve, starring Sandra Oh, is an exciting thriller, set in stunning locations around Europe. The plot surrounds secret service agent, Eve Polastri and the assassin who has been hired to kill her.
The first season of this spy-chase suspense drama aired in the USA in April 2018. The thriller is a production of BBC America and gets released on that channel first. BBC One in the UK showed the first season of the drama in September 2018. The serial has also been picked up by RTE2 in Ireland and TVNZ 2 in New Zealand.
The series went into a second season in April 2019 and its third season is scheduled for release in April 2020. BBC America has already commissioned a fourth season of the drama. Following the release date pattern of seasons one to three, you can expect season four to air in April 2021.
Killing Eve on BBC America
BBC America is jointly owned by AMC in the USA and the BBC in the UK. There is a lot of crossover between BBC America and its sister channels, so Killing Eve is available from the BBC and AMC as well as on BBC America.
The main delivery system of BBC America is cable TV. Killing Eve is first shown to US cable subscribers and episodes are also available on the BBC America website. The BBC America channel is included by all of the major cable systems in the USA, so if you have cable TV at home, you can probably track down Killing Eve in the catchup system of your TV package.
The BBC America website allows the public to watch their channel live online and also watch videos from their on-demand/catchup library. As the third season prepares to launch, all of season two is available on the BBC America website plus the first two episodes of season one.
As the third season progresses, you will be able to watch the broadcast of each episode live on the BBC America website and also view all of the past episodes in the catchup library as the season progresses. However, you have to enter the details of your cable TV package in order to access all content on the BBC America website.
Where else to watch Killing Eve
If you don’t have access to BBC America, try AMC. The AMC website has all of season two available and will add episodes of season three after each airs. Episode one of season two is available for anyone to watch. The menu for the season’s video implies that you have to set up an account in order to watch all of the other episodes. However, this is not necessary – I accessed all of those episodes without having to log in.
There is only one restriction on access: you have to be in the United States to watch. When the new season is ongoing, you can watch each episode as it airs, but you have to create an account to access them and you need to be receiving AMC through a home cable TV package in order to do that.
In the United States, Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, Philo, and fuboTV all have Killing Eve. These are all subscription services for which you have to prove location in the USA to join and you have to be located in the USA when you access each video. Killing Eve is also available on Amazon Prime, but not for subscribers in all countries.
Over in the UK, the BBC makes all episodes of Killing Eve available for streaming on the BBC iPlayer. It currently has seasons one and two available on the iPlayer site.
In order to access videos on the BBC iPlayer, you must be physically located in the UK and set up an account that is linked to your TV license. A growing number of people in the country object to the compulsory TV license system of funding for the BBC and have taken the opportunity to opt out, declaring that they never watch the BBC by any means. If you have taken this path, you cannot access any programs on the BBC iPlayer.
On the continent of Europe, HBO Europe owns the rights to Killing Eve for a long list of countries in Northern and Eastern Europe plus Spain and Portugal. This is a pay-TV service and the Killing Eve episodes are all available online through HBO Go.
Many of the iconic scenes in Killing Eve were filmed in France and Italy. The distribution of the drama in those countries went to Canal+ in France and TIMVision in Italy. The Canal+ website currently has season one available for streaming and downloading. You have to have a home TV Canal+ subscription in order to watch any of the shows streamed from the system’s website. TIMVision is an online subscription streaming service and it currently has seasons one and two of Killing Eve available.
In Hong Kong, Now TV shows Killing Eve online. Now TV is a subscription service and you have to have a HK Identity Card to join. The Israeli cable TV service, Hot has Killing Eve and it also makes the series available online to its home TV package subscribers.
Although RTE 2 bought the rights to show Killing Eve in Ireland, the Irish broadcasting corporation does not make the series available online through its RTE Player system.
In New Zealand, TVNZ has series one and two available on its website. The system will have season three, once it airs on the broadcaster’s terrestrial system. TVNZ requires users to set up an account before allowing any selected video to play. However, there is no requirement to prove residency in New Zealand and the system is free to use. The access to videos is closely guarded and you will need to reset your operating system time zone to New Zealand time, turn off popup and ad blockers and turn off location detection in your operating system and browser before you can get videos to play on the site if you are not in New Zealand.
Of all of the online streaming services that show Killing Eve, AMC is the easiest to get into without paying to view.
Why use a VPN to watch Killing Eve?
If you live in the USA and you have taken the cord cutting pledge or if you live in the UK and you object to the BBC getting your money through the license fee, then it will be very difficult to access Killing Eve through your TV.
Online streaming services will become your only option if you don’t want to subscribe to a home TV package through cable or satellite. These services are all restricted to specific locations, so you need to fool the access procedures of those streaming services into thinking that you are in the country that they allow access to. This is exactly the service that VPNs provide.
How to stream Killing Eve from outside the US with a VPN
- Subscribe to a VPN provider with US servers (such as ExpressVPN)
- Download and install the VPN app onto your devices
- Connect to a server in the USA
- Surf to the AMC website in your browser
- Scroll through the list of featured shows or access the search facility to find Killing Eve
- Click on an episode and watch the video
VPNs for Killing Eve
Video streaming services know all about VPNs and they take steps to detect them and block them. Very few VPNs in the world can actually evade detection and get you access to entertainment. There are hundreds of VPNs available on the market and most of them are no use. You will particularly be wasting your time with free VPNs. This is why we have put together a list of VPNs that can get you into AMC from outside America so that you can watch Killing Eve for free.
Our recommended VPNs for Killing Eve
- More than 3000 servers in 94 countries
- Gets into HBO Go, Sky Go, Netflix, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video
- No data limits
- Gets past VPN detection systems
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- An allowance of three simultaneous connections
- Good speeds for video streaming
- $8.32 a month with the one-year subscription plan
- More than 1040 located in 61 countries
- Gets past regional restrictions on streaming services
- No data caps
- Ad and malware blockers for included for free
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No limit to simultaneous connections
- Fast speeds
- Only $1.77 per month plus 3 extra months free on the two-year plan.
- More than 5600 servers in 58 countries
- Six simultaneous connections per account
- Unblocks Netflix, Hulu, Sky Go, HBO Go, ITV, and ABC
- No bandwidth or download restrictions
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support
- SmartPlay feature improves video transfer speed
- Only $2.99 a month with the purchase of a 3-year plan
- More than 5600 servers in 90 countries
- An allowance of seven simultaneous connections
- No data throughput limit
- Dodges detection at HBO Now, Hulu, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Disney+
- Evades national internet censorship
- 45-day money-back guarantee on annual plans
- Good speeds for streaming
- $2.75 per month with the 3-year subscription plan
- More than 1300 servers located in 53 countries
- Allowance of 10 simultaneous connections
- Strong security measures
- No data throughput limits
- Evades detection at all major streaming services
- 7-day money-back guarantee
- Very fast speeds
- Priced at $6.49 per month on the one-year plan.