The stakes are high for the participants of the 2022 Copa Libertadores–one of the premier football tournaments in South America–the winning club of this year’s tournament, the 63rd in its history, organized by CONMEBOL (aka the South American Football Federation) will play against the winners of the 2022 Copa Sudamericana in the 2023 Recopa Sudamericana.
Where to stream the Copa Libertadores online
Owing to its popularity, the large number of nations participating, and the high level of prestige granted to the Copa Libertadores, fans across the world will find plenty of options to catch the action, either on television or via streaming platforms.
Assuming there’s a good chance you hail from the States, let’s start with U.S. options first. The streaming service, Fanatiz is streaming every single match live for its subscribers, either through fanatiz.com, or their app compatible with iOS and Android devices. Fanatiz is available for just $9.99 a month (with a free two-week trial period). For those hoping to catch as much of the Copa Libertadores tournament as possible, the service is hard to beat.
Good news for canucks: Fanatiz (and its live streams of the 2022 Copa Libertadores) is available in Canada, as well.
If you already have an extensive cable or satellite package and don’t wish to subscribe to any further services, select matches are also being broadcast in the US on Fox Sports 1 & 2, and Fox Sports Deportes, although not all matches will be shown and schedules are always subject to change.
Outside of the U.S, a majority of countries have at least one channel that broadcasts some or all of the matches.
Why use a VPN to stream the Copa Libertadores live
While chances are that–where ever you are–there is at least partial coverage of the Copa Libertadores tournament on television somewhere, you still may not be satisfied with what you have. Here are a couple of reasons why you’d want to use a VPN to stream the tournament:
- Coverage in your area is spotty; relegated to a few matches or occasional highlight reels.
- Your country doesn’t offer a convenient, affordable streaming service and you don’t want to commit to an expensive lock-in contract with a cable or satellite provider.
- You travel often for work or play, where the channels often change, and your subscription to a streaming service is rendered inaccessible due to regional lockouts.
If any of these apply to you, obtaining a VPN (virtual private network) that will allow you to anchor your internet connection to a server in the US–ostensibly giving you a US internet connection–and signing up for Fanatiz is the right way to go.
How to use a VPN to stream the Copa Libertadores
- Subscribe to a VPN with a reputation for fast speeds (several choice options provided below)
- Install the VPN client on the device you use to stream sports.
- Connect to a server located within the United States
- Clear your browser’s cache.
- Go to Fanatiz.com and sign up for the service (remember: the first two weeks are free in case you are dissatisfied in any way.
- Gain access to each and every Copa Libertadores match at your fingertips.
Best VPNs to stream the Copa Libertadores online
Our top pick!
- Always evades internet control in the PRC
- Keeps ahead of the Netflix VPN detection algorithm
- Benchmark tests show excellent speed
- More US city locations than its rivals
- Includes malware protection
- No-logs policy
- Golden Frog, the business behind VyprVPN also runs a gaming platform
- VyprVPN pioneered obfuscation techniques and they have always worked well
- VyprVPN’s no logs policy is confirmed by an independent audit
- Excellent client with pre-configured modes for streaming, P2P, privacy
- Kill switch
- Support for wide range of protocols, including OpenVPN
- Precise locations
- Very large VPN server network
- Offers a 45-day money-back guarantee