Everyone’s favorite compulsively addictive fashion designer elimination-reality show, Project Runway, will be returning to its original network, Bravo, after eleven seasons on Lifetime. According to Bravo, hosts Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn will not be returning for season 17, instead, the new hosts will be supermodel Karlie Kloss and designer Christian Siriano.
If the long wait until the next season airs on Bravo is making you anxious, we suggest you go back and run through previous seasons of Runway to satisfy your craving. This show’s backlog of hundreds of hours of brilliantly designed pieces, train wreck meltdowns, heated verbal spars between contestants, and delightfully catty cutdowns from hosts and judges are just as good the second time around as the first. Though one must exercise caution: once you stream the first episode of a season of Project Runway, it’s easy to find yourself planted on the couch until the final two contestants are battling it out in the finale.
Where to stream Project Runway
So where can one stream seasons of Project Runway? Unfortunately, the series’ first five seasons are not available on any major streaming platform, however, there are a few options for catching Project Runway’s Lifetime run. Seasons 6 through 16 are available on the Lifetime website, but you’ll need to put in television provider info in order to unlock the streams. Depending on which region you are logging into Netflix from, you may be able to stream select seasons of Project Runway, but most countries don’t carry it. Amazon Prime Video allows you to buy episodes for $2.99 and seasons for $24.99 but does not offer Project Runway in its main streaming library.
Hulu is the streaming service that offers the most Project Runway all in one place: seasons 6-16 are all available as part of its main streaming library, which also includes thousands of some of the most acclaimed and popular films and television shows from all eras, as well as some of the trashiest. Hulu will run you $7.99 a month with ads or $11.99 for the No Ads plan, which is both great deals considering the wealth of content available. The main issue many will face is that Hulu is only available in the United States.
Why use a VPN to watch Project Runway
If you want to stream Project Runway on Hulu and you live outside of the US, you are going to need a VPN. A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a tool that allows you to circumvent regional lockouts by channeling your internet connection through a local server, making it seem as if you are actually logging on in from that country. With a VPN, you can simply connect to a server inside the United States and subscribe to, and use Hulu without complications.
Other benefits of using a VPN include heightened security when surfing the web, added ease in file sharing, and total online anonymity. The advantages of using a VPN are totally worth the low monthly fee most VPNs charge.
How to purchase Hulu from outside the U.S.
Another U.S.-centric aspect of Hulu is the fact that they only accept U.S. credit cards: foreign cards are not permitted. However, there’s a simple way to circumvent this: Walmart sells Hulu gift cards for $25 and $50 through their website that you may use as payment. Once you buy the card, Walmart will email you a code that you type in when signing up for Hulu. It’s almost as if they sell these cards specifically for non-Americans in mind.
How to watch Project Runway from anywhere in the world
- Buy a subscription to a reputed VPN with a wide array of U.S. servers (ExpressVPN is our top pick)
- Download and install the VPN app on your preferred device for video streaming, and any other devices that you intend to use with the VPN.
- Connect to a server within the United States.
- Go to the Hulu website and sign up. Those lacking a United States credit card will also need a Hulu gift card bought from Walmart to complete the process.
- Download and install Hulu on whatever you plan to watch from, or head to the Hulu website on your Mac or Windows computer.
- Make sure your VPN is connected to a US server. If so, go ahead and enter the Hulu library and select Project Runway. Enjoy!
- VPNs are typically supported on a broad range of PC operating systems, iOS and Android phones/tablets, digital streaming devices, video game consoles, and even some television sets. Check a particular VPN’s supported devices list before committing to make sure that you can use it as you intend to.
- The Hulu app is available for almost every major platform, including Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire tablets, Fire TV, iPhone, Ipad, Mac and PC Browsers, Nintendo Switch, Playstation 3 & 4, Xbox 360 & One, Roku, and select models of LG Samsung TVs. Head here for the complete list.
Best VPNs for watching Project Runway
Our top pick!
- Always evades internet control in the PRC
- Keeps ahead of the Netflix VPN detection algorithm
- Benchmark tests show excellent speed
- More US city locations than its rivals
- Includes malware protection
- No-logs policy
- Excellent client with pre-configured modes for streaming, P2P, privacy
- Kill switch
- Support for wide range of protocols, including OpenVPN
- Hotspot Shield is one of the fastest VPN services
- Hotspot Shield works well in places, such as China, where privacy rights are not very strong
- The Hotspot Shield VPN offers good protection for P2P
- Golden Frog, the business behind VyprVPN also runs a gaming platform
- VyprVPN pioneered obfuscation techniques and they have always worked well
- VyprVPN’s no logs policy is confirmed by an independent audit