How to Watch Project Runway Online with a VPN
Top 3 VPNs
Everyone’s favorite compulsively addictive fashion designer elimination-reality show, Project Runway, will be returning to its original network, Bravo, after eleven seasons on Lifetime. According to Bravo, hosts Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn will not be returning for season 17, instead, the new hosts will be supermodel Karlie Kloss and designer Christian Siriano.
If the the long wait until the next season airs on Bravo is making you anxious, we suggest you go back and run through previous seasons of Runway to satisfy your craving. This show’s backlog of hundreds of hours of brilliantly designed pieces, train wreck meltdowns, heated verbal spars between contestants, and delightfully catty cutdowns from hosts and judges are just as good the second time around as the first. Though one must exercise caution: once you stream the first episode of a season of Project Runway, it’s easy to find yourself planted on the couch until the final two contestants are battling it out in the finale.
Where to Stream Project Runway
So where can one stream seasons of Project Runway? Unfortunately, the series’ first five seasons are not available on any major streaming platform, however there are a few options for catching Project Runway’s Lifetime run. Seasons 6 through 16 are available on the Lifetime website, but you’ll need to put in television provider info in order to unlock the streams. Depending on which region you are logging into Netflix from, you may be able to stream select seasons of Project Runway, but most countries don’t carry it. Amazon Prime Video allows you to buy episodes for $2.99 and seasons for $24.99, but does not offer Project Runway in its main streaming library.
Hulu is the streaming service that offers the most Project Runway all in one place: seasons 6-16 are all available as part of its main streaming library, which also includes thousands of some of the most acclaimed and popular films and television shows from all eras, as well as some of the trashiest. Hulu will run you $7.99 a month with ads or $11.99 for the No Ads plan, which are both great deals considering the wealth of content available. The main issue many will face is that Hulu is only available in the United States.
Why Use a VPN to Watch Project Runway
If you want to stream Project Runway on Hulu and you live outside of the US, you are going to need a VPN. A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a tool that allows you to circumvent regional lockouts by channeling your internet connection through a local server, making it seem as if you are actually logging on in from that country. With a VPN, you can simply connect to a server inside the United States and subscribe to, and use Hulu without complications.
Other benefits of using a VPN include heightened security when surfing the web, added ease in file sharing, and total online anonymity. The advantages of using a VPN are totally worth the low monthly fee most VPNs charge.
How to Purchase Hulu from Outside the U.S.
Another U.S.-centric aspect of Hulu is the fact that they they only accept U.S. credit cards: foreign cards are not permitted. However, there’s a simple way to circumvent this: Walmart sells Hulu gift cards for $25 and $50 through their website that you may use as payment. Once you buy the card, Walmart will email you a code that you type in when signing up for Hulu. It’s almost as if they sell these cards specifically for non-Americans in mind.
How to Watch Project Runway from Anywhere in the World
- Buy a subscription to a reputed VPN with a wide array of U.S. servers (ExpressVPN is our top pick)
- Download and install the VPN app on your preferred device for video streaming, and any other devices that you intend to use with the VPN.
- Connect to a server within the United States.
- Go to the Hulu website and sign up. Those lacking a United States credit card will also need a Hulu gift card bought from Walmart to complete the process.
- Download and install Hulu on whatever you plan to watch from, or head to the Hulu website on your Mac or Windows computer.
- Make sure your VPN is connected to a US server. If so, go ahead and enter the Hulu library and select Project Runway. Enjoy!
- VPNs are typically supported on a broad range of PC operating systems, iOS and Android phones/tablets, digital streaming devices, video game consoles, and even some television sets. Check a particular VPN’s supported devices list before committing to make sure that you can use it as you intend to.
- The Hulu app is available for almost every major platform, including Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire tablets, Fire TV, IPhone, Ipad, Mac and PC Browsers, Nintendo Switch, Playstation 3 & 4, Xbox 360 & One, Roku and select models of LG Samsung TVs. Head here for the complete list.
The Top Five VPNs for Watching Project Runway
- 2000 servers in 148 cities around the world, including 20 U.S. locations
- 256-bit data encryption keeps your browsing anonymous
- Unlimited bandwidth and file transfers
- No connection logs or activity logs
- Dedicated to being the best VPN for streaming services
- 24-7 live online customer support
- Recommended for expats living in China
- A year subscription costs just $8.32 a month
- More servers than any other VPN: Over 5000 in 60+ countries around the world, with over 1900 servers located in the US.
- Six simultaneous connections per account
- No spying or activity logging.
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 24/7 live customer support
- Excellent security features: kill switch feature end-to-end encryption
- Only $2.99 a month with the purchase of a 3-year plan
- Over 2000 servers in 140 countries, with dozens spread around 13 US locations
- Hong Kong-based, so not required by law to store user data
- High speeds perfect for 4K streaming
- Five simultaneous logins
- No bandwidth or download restrictions
- Split tunneling feature allows users to send data through the VPN or their ISP
- No activity logging
- Kill switch feature
- One month money back guarantee
- Plans start at $2.95 a month for a one-year plan
- 2500 servers in 25 countries, with locations in the US
- Specifically configured for HD video streaming in mind
- Five simultaneous logins
- Patented VPN protocol integrated by 70% of the world’s largest security companies
- Internet kill switch
- Session data deleted after user logs off
- Excellent customer support
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- $3.49 a month with a 3-year subscription purchase
- 700 servers in 70+ cities, worldwide, 8 in the U.S.
- Live 24/7 customer service
- Unlimited bandwidth and server switching
- Operates without 3rd parties
- Five simultaneous logins with the premium plan
- Plans beginning at $5 a month (billed yearly)