How to Watch Brooklyn 99 Online with a VPN
NBC commissioned the eighth season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, covering the lives of cops Jake Peralta and Amy Santiago, before the current seventh season started to air in February 2020. The long-running police comedy, set in New York's 99th precinct, has found success despite a rocky patch in 2018 when it was canceled after season five by Fox and picked up by NBC for one season only.
The NBC deal for the sixth season managed to carry over all of the stars in the ensemble cast, including Andy Samberg, Melissa Fumero, Stephanie Beatriz, Andre Braugher, and Terry Crews. More focused audience sampling tightened up the scripts of the NBC episodes, gaining enthusiastic reviews and attracting back the audience that had started to drift away. It is now one of the leading shows on US primetime TV. The commitment of NBC, which has a higher profile than Fox will keep new Brooklyn nine-nine seasons running for years to come.
Where to watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine
As well as being available on NBC in the USA, the current Brooklyn Nine-Nine season is also broadcast on City in Canada, on E4 in the UK, on SBS Viceland in Australia, TV2 in New Zealand, and on RTE Two in Ireland.
Today, Brooklyn Nine-Nine seasons 1 to 5 are available as reruns on Netflix in many places in the world including the UK, Australia, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Latin America.
As well as officially showing on many channels around the world, private TV and IPTV systems also stream Brooklyn Nine-Nine reruns and even the current season available. So, if you can switch countries at will, you have many options, both official and unofficial, to catch all seasons of Brooklyn Nine-Nine on the internet.
All of the official broadcasters of the show make the comedy available on their websites. However, those who are traveling will find they are locked out when they want to binge watch reruns or keep up with the latest episodes.
Why use a VPN to watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine?
There are many advantages to watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine over the internet instead of through the TV. It is possible to cast internet video onto a regular home TV from a computer or mobile device, so thanks to streaming video, no one needs to pay for a TV package anymore. Unlimited data plans also make it possible to watch the show while on the move with an iOS or Android device, or away from home. However, getting access while out of the country is a problem. Not everyone subscribes to Netflix, and those who do subscribe can only watch reruns of old episodes.
With a VPN, anyone can check into the latest episodes running in the USA, Canada, or the UK, no matter where they are in the world. “VPN” stands for “virtual private network.” The technology was created to allow remote workers to connect to company networks with complete security. Once the individual is connected through the VPN, the linked computer seems to be a part of that office network just as securely and conveniently as the computers sitting on desks in the office.
A big advantage of VPNs to those who want to access videos from around the world is that while connected to the VPN, the user’s computer accesses the internet connection of the remote network, and seems to be in that location.
Entertainment video streamers block access from outside their own country, so joining a network in the right place unblocks those location-restricted video streaming services.
NBC’s video pages won’t work if you have an ad blocker. You can watch the latest episodes on the NBC website straight away. However, if you want to binge-watch older episodes of the latest series of any show, you will need to create an account and log in before you select one of those aged-out episodes.
How to stream Brooklyn Nine-Nine from outside the US with a VPN
- Subscribe to a VPN provider with US servers (eg ExpressVPN)
- Download and install the VPN utility onto your chosen devices
- Connect to a server inside the USA
- Suspend your ad blocker or whitelist nbc.com
- Go to the NBC website and (optionally) log in.
- Scroll through the headlining shows or use the search facility to find Brooklyn 99
- Browse the current list of episodes and select one you haven’t seen. Click on it.
One note: The NBC video screen will be blank for a few minutes. The video takes a long time to get started even if you have a very high-speed internet connection.
If you are trying for E4, RTE Two, City, SBS Viceland, or TV2, pick a VPN server location in the appropriate country.
VPNs for NBC and Netflix
NBC has recently tightened up its access control. It used to be very easy to watch shows on the website. However, now very few VPNs can fool the new proxy detection systems of the streaming service.
You might see free VPNs in search results, but those won’t work to get you access from outside the USA. The same is true for the other services that stream Brooklyn 99. You certainly won’t be able to get cross-border access to Netflix with a free NBC because that service has the toughest access controls in the industry.
Even most paid VPNs are useless with the tightened location detection and proxy blockers at the NBC site. As for Netflix, only a very small number of VPNs can get you into the library for another country. You can waste a lot of time and money subscribing to useless VPN services. That is why we put together this list of VPNs that work with NBC so that you can get access to the latest episodes of Brooklyn 99 from anywhere in the world.
The fact that the service totally blanks the entire site to anyone using an ad blocker shows that NBC isn’t fooling around. You play by their rules, or you don’t get to play any videos on their site.
Our recommended VPNs to watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- More than 3000 servers in 94 countries
- Gets into HBO Go, Sky Go, Netflix, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video
- No data limits
- Gets past VPN detection systems
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- An allowance of three simultaneous connections
- Good speeds for video streaming
- $8.32 a month with the one-year subscription plan
- More than 1040 located in 61 countries
- Gets past regional restrictions on streaming services
- No data caps
- Ad and malware blockers for included for free
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No limit to simultaneous connections
- Fast speeds
- Only $1.77 per month plus 3 extra months free on the two-year plan.
- More than 5600 servers in 58 countries
- Six simultaneous connections per account
- Unblocks Netflix, Hulu, Sky Go, HBO Go, ITV, and ABC
- No bandwidth or download restrictions
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support
- SmartPlay feature improves video transfer speed
- Only $2.99 a month with the purchase of a 3-year plan
- More than 5600 servers in 90 countries
- An allowance of seven simultaneous connections
- No data throughput limit
- Dodges detection at HBO Now, Hulu, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Disney+
- Evades national internet censorship
- 45-day money-back guarantee on annual plans
- Good speeds for streaming
- $2.75 per month with the 3-year subscription plan
- More than 1300 servers located in 53 countries
- Allowance of 10 simultaneous connections
- Strong security measures
- No data throughput limits
- Evades detection at all major streaming services
- 7-day money-back guarantee
- Very fast speeds
- Priced at $6.49 per month on the one-year plan.