The Best Kodi Addons – Poseidon (2024)
- Always evades internet control in the PRC
- Keeps ahead of the Netflix VPN detection algorithm
- Benchmark tests show excellent speed
- Smart DNS service, understands the technology
- Comprehensive security add-on package.
- No data throughput limits and has a no-logs policy
- More US city locations than its rivals
- Includes malware protection
- No-logs policy
Poseidon is a veteran among Kodi addons for streaming movies and TV shows. In the past few months, it had to endure legal pressure and turmoil but then resurfaced as an updated and renamed Neptune Rising.
Neptune Rising is a direct fork of Poseidon, but improved and maintained, which means it gets regular updates, and its performance is stable. That said, Neptune Rising is one of the most popular working Kodi addons for the moment. It sports a beautiful layout, simple navigation, and access to a gazillion of movies and TV shows.
If you’ve ever used Covenant, Exodus, or Genesis, you will feel right at home with Neptune Rising. It contains loads of categories and content in 1080p and HD quality sorted by genre, actor, year, and more. It also sports a nifty Critter’s Corner, where you can find a list of the top 100 movies for each genre – ideal for times when you have no idea what you want to watch. On top of that, it integrates well with your Trakt TV account and comes loaded with personalization options, where you can customize subtitles, playback, downloads, library, and more options.
Always use a VPN with Neptune Rising (aka: Poseidon)
Anti-piracy laws are getting more draconian by the day. Always use a VPN with Kodi, especially when streaming with Neptune Rising, formerly Poseidon, because your Internet Service Provider keeps a close eye on your activities.
In many Western countries, streaming copyrighted content for free is equally a crime as downloading it. Also, your ISP is actively throttling your bandwidth when you stream and filter your content, so you may have difficulty finding some Kodi Repos and addons if you browse without a VPN.
Is Poseidon safe to use?
Yes, Poseidon is safe despite being an unofficial Kodi addon. I would suggest installing Neptune Rising since it’s regularly updated.
Where to get Poseidon, renamed Neptune Rising
The Mr Blamo Repository is currently your one-stop shop for Neptune Rising, formerly Poseidon Kodi addon. But you can still find the old Poseidon from the Kodil Repository.
Do note that since Poseidon in its previous iteration is no longer updated, you may experience bugs and errors. At the same time, errors don’t necessarily mean Poseidon is not working. Such frequent errors as “Failed to Install a Dependency” or “No Stream Available” can be fixed by installing the latest version of the addon, restarting Kodi, or cleaning its cache.
Your safest bet, though, would be to uninstall Poseidon and install Neptune Rising to ensure you get the updates.
- Genesis Reborn
How to install Poseidon (currently Neptune Rising)
If you are familiar with installing Kodi addons, just head over to Neptune Rising within your Mr Blamo repo found at http://repo.mrblamo.xyz/.
If not, below is a step-by-step instruction on how to install Neptune Rising, aka Poseidon on Kodi:
- Launch Kodi → go to System Settings → File Manager → on the left, choose Add Source → click where it says NONE → enter http://repo.mrblamo.xyz/ → click OK.
- In the next box, name the repo as Blamo or Mr Blamo and click OK.
- Back to Kodi Main Menu → Addons → click the “Package Installer” in the top left corner → Install from zip file.
- In the pop-up box, select Blamo → click repository.blamo-0.1.3.zip → let the repo complete the installation (a popup window should say Blamo Repo Installed).
- Click Install from Repository → choose Blamo Repo → Video Addons → Neptune Rising → Install.
Once the installation is complete, you should be all set to stream. Just remember to enable your VPN first.