The Best Kodi Addons — Exodus (2023)
- Always evades internet control in the PRC
- Keeps ahead of the Netflix VPN detection algorithm
- Benchmark tests show excellent speed
- Smart DNS service, understands the technology
- Comprehensive security add-on package.
- No data throughput limits and has a no-logs policy
- More US city locations than its rivals
- Includes malware protection
- No-logs policy
Exodus is among the first addons to populate your Kodi device if streaming is on your mind. Granting you access to a huge library of the most popular TV shows and movies, Exodus has angered many corporations in the entertainment business. TV and movie producers and cable TV providers are bleeding money with every Exodus download, and they aren’t happy.
Always use a VPN with Exodus
In the UK, USA, most of the European Union, Canada, and Australia, streaming copyrighted content for free is illegal, so you are well-advised to use Exodus only with a VPN. In most of these countries, Internet service providers are tasked with tracking down Exodus users and sending them warning notices. Repeat offenders may face hefty fines.
Is Exodus safe to use?
While using Exodus through a VPN protects you from copyright trolls, unofficial Kodi addons have accumulated a bad aura to them. While Exodus is currently considered safe, it wasn’t always so.
Last year, news broke out that Exodus developer tinkered with its code to insert malware and turn all of its users into Botnets to launch a DDoS attack against The Ares Blog. The said developer then reverted the changes and stepped down as the main developer of the popular addon. Various volunteers from the Kodi community keep updating it, so Exodus lives and is still considered one of the best Kodi addons.
So yes, Exodus keeps being safe, updated, mostly bug-free, and works perfectly fine with pretty much all Kodi devices, including Xbox One, as well as with Kodi VPNs.
Where to get Exodus
Among the working unofficial Kodi addons repositories offering Exodus are:
- XvBMC Repository
- Kodi Bae Repository
- Lazy Kodi Repository
- TK Norris Repository
- Kodil Repo
- Super Repository
- Kodi Tips
Note: Incursion is an updated fork of Exodus, which is also available through the above repositories.
Exodus is by far not the only movie streaming addon for Kodi, so if it is ever discontinued there are plenty of alternatives. In fact, new streaming addons crop up regularly:
- Bob Unleashed
- Genesis Reborn
Unlike Exodus, however, its alternatives tend to experience bugs and various performance issues. Also, repositories offering some of these streaming addons are regularly attacked by copyright trolls.
How to install Exodus with Kodil Repository
To be on the safe side, always run the latest version of Kodi. Installing Exodus from Kodil Repo is the easiest way to go since installing the addon from other repositories may cause bugs and errors and Exodus may fail to install altogether.
Here is how to install Exodus on Kodi 17.6 Krypton with Kodil Repo:
- Launch Kodi → Settings → File Manager → Add Source.
- Click “None” → Type http://kdil.co/repo/ → Click OK → in the “Name of the Media Source” type “Kodil” → OK.
- Back in Kodi’s main menu → Addons → “Package Installer” at the top left.
- Choose “Install from Zip File” → Select Kodil → Locate and choose Kodil.zip → wait while the addon is installing.
- Select “Install from Repository” → choose Kodil Repository → Video Addons → Exodus → Install → wait while the addon gets enabled.
- Back in Kodi’s main menu → Addons → Video Addons → Exodus → you are all set.
Don’t forget to enable your VPN before streaming with Exodus.