Where to stream German Handball-Bundesliga online
The DKB HBL is working to increase the media coverage of the tournament in Germany and abroad. Starting this season, Sky airs – and Sky GO streams live – the entirety of the HBL games in HD and with commentary. HBL daily, weekly, and monthly passes are available.
Telekom also offers Sky Sport Compact packages to its customers, covering HBL, Bundesliga, and Champions League, while ARD and ZDF offer highlights. Additionally, check out sportschau.de and LaOla1 for free live streams of select matches.
As for the Handball-Bundesliga coverage outside of Germany, MTG holds the exclusive rights to the HBL in Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden on TV, mobile and online. It means at least three matches a week are streamed live via Viaplay in these countries. Viaplay also streams three REWE Final Four games and the Pixum Super Cup in the annual HBL All-Star Game.
The HBL fans in the Americas can tune in Fox Sports, GolTV, Rogers, and ESPN to catch up with the games, which means cord-cutters can find it on Sling TV, fuboTV, PS Vue, and DirecTV Now.
In the UK, you can find the HBL league streams via BT Sport.
Fox Sports also owns the HBL broadcast rights for many Asian countries, while StarTimes airs the games in many parts of Africa.
In India, you can get your HBL fill through Star Sports, which streams the games complete with commentary and summaries – at no cost.
Why use a VPN to stream Handball-Bundesliga
If you are in Germany, you have plenty of options to watch your Handball-Bundesliga live and on-demand. The downside is now you have to pay for it, while the free live streams of HBL are only available in India via Star Sports (oh, the irony).
It gets even worse if you are traveling because you can’t use your Sky subscription to stream the HBL games abroad. Your German Sky membership is only valid while you’re in Germany, so you lose access to your premium content while you are overseas.
The good news is you can easily circumvent the aggravating geo-block with the help of a Virtual Private Network.
A VPN is, in layman’s terms, a web of servers across the globe. When you connect to a VPN server in Germany, it assigns you a German IP address and routes all your traffic through the German server. As a result, Sky identifies you as a customer located in Germany, and voila, the entirety of the HBL is unlocked.
Likewise, if you connect to a VPN server in India, you can stream the Handball-Bundesliga matches for free through Star Sports as if you were in India.
Besides fixing your HBL streaming issues, a VPN encrypts your traffic, protecting everything you do online:
- Hackers can’t steal your financial information
- Your ISP can’t see what you’re up to online or throttle your bandwidth when you stream or play
- Your school or office firewall can’t block you from accessing your streaming, gaming, and social media sites
- You can stay below the radar of the Five-Eyes mass surveillance agencies
- You can unlock Netflix US, Steam US, Hulu, and a wealth of other streaming services
- Browsing from public WiFi hotspots is a tad safer when your data is encrypted
How to stream Handball-Bundesliga with a VPN
- Subscribe to a VPN service. You are well-advised to steer clear of free VPNs because they trade user data.
- Download and install the VPN client on your device.
- Connect to a VPN server in the country of your choice.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies just in case to prevent them from leaking your real location.
- Go to your streaming site.
- You should be able to stream the Handball-Bundesliga matches from anywhere in the world now.
Best VPNs to stream Handball-Bundesliga from anywhere in the world
Hope this brief guide helps you set up your Handball-Bundesliga streaming in time for the next match. Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions.
- Three-hour free trial
- No registration, even for paid members
- Accepts anonymous payments
- Precise locations
- Very large VPN server network
- Offers a 45-day money-back guarantee
- Excellent client with pre-configured modes for streaming, P2P, privacy
- Kill switch
- Support for wide range of protocols, including OpenVPN
- PrivateVPN was created by internet privacy activists.
- PrivateVPN’s creators particularly wanted to protect users of P2P file sharing.
- This VPN service is run by Swedish activists who ensure that they are constantly up to date with the legal requirements of the country.