How to Stream the Ryder Cup from Anywhere in the World
Top 3 VPNs
For the record, BestVPN.org does not condone copyright violation with the help of a VPN but promotes online privacy and security afforded by Virtual Private Networks.
The 2020 Ryder Cup is soon heading to United States, as the 43rd season is scheduled for September 25-27, 2020. The event will be held at Whistling Straits Golf Course, Wisconsin.
Where to Stream the Ryder Cup Online
In the US, RyderCup.com will be streaming the 2020 Ryder Cup online and via mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Smart TVs. NBC Sports Group also holds the exclusive rights to cover the matches, so you can tune in NBC and Golf Channel. NBC is also available through Sling TV, FuboTV, DirecTV Now, and PS Vue.
In the UK and Ireland, Sky Sports brings you comprehensive coverage of the 2020 Ryder Cup, including live streams of all three days in HD quality through Sky GO. Sky also spices it up with a whole host of preview shows, documentaries, a summary, and a daily breakfast show – everything you might ever want to know about the iconic tournament.
For a more flexible streaming solution, check NOW TV since it offers Sky Sports in convenient, contract-less daily and monthly passes. BBC will only show highlights of the day matches.
Below is a brief roundup of the Ryder Cup broadcasters in Europe:
- Sky Sports 1, 2, 3 – Austria, Germany, Italy
- Viasat Golf – Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden
- GOLF+ - France
- Nova Sports 3 – Greece and Cyprus
- Ziggo Sport – the Netherlands
- Sport TV 4 – Portugal
- Canal+ Golf – Spain
- Golf Channel – Czech Republic and Slovakia
- Sport Klub – Bosnia, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Slovenia
Why Use a VPN to Stream the Ryder Cup
The catch with all Ryder Cup broadcasters and streamers is they are all geographically restricted to their respective countries, or regions. NBC is US-only while Sky airs the matches in the UK, Austria, Germany, and Italy. The same is true for every single company on your list, which means you lose access to your premium content each time you need to travel abroad.
Rest easy because the solution is within your reach – a VPN.
A Virtual Private Network enables you to stream the Ryder Cup from anywhere in the world using your existing subscription in your home country.
When your broadcaster sees your foreign IP, it mounts its geo-block - “Sorry, this video is unavailable in your country.” To bypass that block, a VPN routes your traffic through it server hosted in the country where the video is not blocked.
To stream with Sky Go, connect to a VPN server in the UK. It assigns you an English IP address, thanks to which your streaming service identifies you as a customer coming from the UK. Likewise, connect to a US VPN server to stream with Golf Channel or NBC through Sling TV.
Besides allowing you to spoof into pretty much every country, a VPN encrypts your traffic, which means:
- Hackers can’t decipher and steal your sensitive information
- You can bypass your school or office firewalls
- Your Internet Service Provider can’t monitor or log your online activities
- You can easily circumvent ISP throttling
- Your data, location, and identity are not visible to the sites you visit (unless you share it with them)
- A wealth of geo-blocked streaming and gaming sites is easily accessible
How to Stream the Ryder Cup with a VPN
- Subscribe to a VPN service. Try a short-term plan to make sure it works for you.
- Install the VPN client on your device and connect to a VPN server in the country of your choice (in the US to stream with NBC or Golf Channel, in the UK to stream with Sky GO).
- It might be a good idea to clear your browser’s cache.
- Go to your streaming portal – you are all set to watch the Ryder Cup from anywhere in the world.
The Best VPNs to Stream the Ryder Cup from Anywhere
The US team seems to lose a tad of its luck whenever it plays on foreign soil. We’ve yet to see if Jim Furyk, Steve Stricker, and Tiger Woods can take care of business this year, or if Thomas Bjørn and his team bag the trophy. What are your projections?
- 1,500+ servers in 94 countries
- One of the best VPNs for streaming
- Lightning-fast speeds
- No logs, top-notch security (kill switch, DNS leak protection)
- P2P – yes
- Three simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 1.000+ servers in 60+ countries
- High speeds for sports streaming and P2P
- Five simultaneous connections
- Zero logs, solid security
- 7-day money-back guarantee
- 3000+ servers worldwide
- P2P and streaming-optimized servers
- Five simultaneous connections
- No logs
- Top-tier security (anti-MITM, stealth proxy)
- 7-day refund policy
- $9.99/mo (+$4/mo for a streaming IP)