The Danish Alka Superliga, or Superligaen, is the country’s top-tier football championship contested by 14 clubs each season. Copenhagen is the defending champion.
Where to stream the Danish Superliga online
The Danish Superliga might not be the most broadcast championship in the world, but you have plenty of options to watch it live and on-demand, at least in Europe.
In Denmark, the Superliga TV rights are divided between TV3+, TV 2 Sport, Canal 9 Denmark, Canal 9 Sport, TV3 Sport 1 and 2, Eurosport 2 Denmark, Eurosport Player Denmark, and 6’eren. You can also tune in Viaplay Denmark, formerly Viasat OnDemand, to live stream and watch replays of the Superligaen matches.
If you are abroad, check this brief roundup of the official Superligaen broadcasting partners:
Bet365 is licensed to stream the Danish Superliga internationally. The gambling site has a strong emphasis on soccer, covering many national top- and lower-tier leagues you won’t find anywhere else. To stream the Danish Superliga with Bet365, you need to be a registered user and have a funded account for a minimum of $10 or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours.
Note: geo-restrictions apply on a per-match basis when a local broadcaster airs a game.
Why use a VPN to stream the Danish Superliga
The best way to get comprehensive coverage of the Danish Superliga is with TV 2 Sport, which has exclusive rights to stream the league games live in Denmark. The other options, Bet365 included, offer select matches only. But here’s the catch with TV2 Sport, or any other Danish streaming service for that matter – it’s unavailable outside of Denmark.
Even if you are a Viaplay subscriber, it only covers a few countries in the European Union. There are no options other than Bet365 for the rest of the world, including the US and UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and a ton of other places. It means Danish expats, business tourists, digital nomads, and vacationers can’t stream the Alka Superliga other than through Bet365.
Since I’m not a big fan of gambling, I have a better option for you to consider – a VPN.
A Virtual Private Network allows you to stream the Danish Superliga from anywhere in the world using your Danish streaming subscription.
Here is how it works – a Virtual Private Network is a web of servers across the globe. When you connect to a VPN server in Denmark, it assigns you a Danish IP address and routes all your traffic through the VPN server.
As a result, your TV 2 Sport, Viaplay Denmark, Eurosport Player, and other providers see your Danish IP address and identify you as a customer coming from Denmark. No more geo-blocks – problem solved.
There is a reason why I say a VPN is better than a new streaming subscription – a VPN encrypts all your traffic, which means:
- Your Internet Service Provider can’t monitor your activity
- Hackers can’t steal your sensitive information
- Your ISP can’t throttle your data because it wouldn’t know when or if you’re streaming or playing
- You can bypass your school or office firewall
- You can unlock a myriad of geo-restricted streaming and gaming services worldwide
How to stream the Danish Superliga with a VPN
- Subscribe to a VPN service.
- Download and install the VPN client on your device.
- Connect to a server in Denmark.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
- Go to your TV 2 Sport website – you should be able to stream the Alka Superliga from anywhere in the world.
Best VPNs to stream the Danish Superliga
Mullvad is an ideal mix of privacy, security, dirt-cheap price, and speed. CyberGhost’s streaming-optimized servers are unrivaled in speed and performance, while NordVPN has the broadest network coverage of Denmark, and the rest of the world in general.
- More US city locations than its rivals
- Includes malware protection
- No-logs policy
- Precise locations
- Very large VPN server network
- Offers a 45-day money-back guarantee
- Three-hour free trial
- No registration, even for paid members
- Accepts anonymous payments