How to Watch Doctor Who Online from Anywhere
Top 3 VPNs
Traveling through space and time, and fighting galactical warlords is your routine job when you’re a Timelord yourself. For the rest of us regular folk, watching Doctor Who is the nearest we can get to a time machine. For the fans of the show, here’s the good news – the sci-fi series is already in production for its next season.
Depending on where you live, you might not be able to watch the show due to geo-restrictions on the official streaming apps. To bypass these restrictions, you’ll need to use a VPN.
Why Use a VPN to Stream Doctor Who Online
Geo-restrictions on both the BBC iPlayer and TVPlayer will prevent you from accessing your account if you’re outside the UK This means that even if you have purchased a subscription, you still won’t be able to watch any videos if you’re traveling across Europe, Asia or the America’s.
Thankfully, a VPN you can easily bypass these geo-restrictions, so that you’re able to access your streaming account. In addition, using a VPN also ensures complete confidentiality of your online activity by encrypting your data traffic, so nobody will ever know you’re even watching.
How to Watch Doctor Who Online
Doctor Who can be streamed through the BBC iPlayer or TVPlayer in the United Kingdom. For non-UK viewers, you’ll either need to find the official streaming partner of the show in your country, or stream it using a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Watch Doctor Who
Using a VPN is simple. Even if you haven’t used a VPN before, using it to unblock geo-restricted content is relatively straightforward:
- Start by signing up for a VPN account
- Install the latest version of the VPN client, available for your operating system
- Connect to a UK server
- Open TVPlayer.com
- Sign in to your registered account
- Wait for the connection to be established and stream your favorite episode of Doctor Who
How to Select the Best VPN to Watch Doctor Who
Using a VPN is easy, but finding a suitable VPN can be overwhelming at times, due to the sheer magnitude of providers. Here are key things to consider as you’re evaluating your options:
- Unlimited Bandwidth - If you don’t want to compromise with the video quality to constrain your bandwidth use, select the VPN with no bandwidth limit.
- Compatibility - If you use a variety of devices to stream, then you need a VPN that offers multi-platform compatibility.
- Speed - To watch the content interruption-free, you need to select a service provider that has fast connection speeds.
- Servers - If your VPN has access to a large number of servers, you have the benefit of using a server closest to your geographic location to ensure faster connectivity.
Our Top Recommended VPN for Streaming Doctor Who
ExpressVPN is our recommendation for streaming Doctor Who. It’s easy to create a new account, the user interface is friendly, and the connection speed is top-notch. Overall, it provides a great value for its price.
The Advantages of Using ExpressVPN
While there are hundreds of VPNs available, here’s why ExpressVPN is the best in the bunch:
- You can connect 3 different devices simultaneously
- End-to-end encryption to ensure complete privacy of your online activity
- You have the access to unlimited peer-to-peer downloads and there are no limitations on the bandwidth
- There’s a 30-day money back guarantee
- There’s no need for an additional VPN enabled router
- There’s a multiplatform support for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OS
Other VPNs You Can Try
What to Expect from the Upcoming Season of Doctor Who
Fans of Doctor Who know that from time traveling, exploring parallel universes, and fighting a boatload of aliens, anything is possible in the show. The show’s writers can create any story without any limitation holding them back.
Gone are the days when Doctor Who storylines would span two or more episodes. The directors have now made the series in the form of standalone episodes for the viewers to easily dip in and out. Also, there are no traditional Doctor Who bosses anymore.
The upcoming season of the show is going to be the biggest so far. Given that the ratings for the last season of the show were the highest, it’s highly unlikely that there will be any major changes in the leading cast of the show.
BBC has already confirmed that the character of Yaz, played by Mandip Gill, is going to be a part of a big plot. Since his head was blown off in the last season, it is speculated that the writers of the show could recruit him into the Headless Monks.