How to Watch The Big Bang Theory from Anywhere with a VPN
Love it or hate it, The Big Bang Theory has proven its staying power. The sitcom revolving around a group of socially awkward science geeks and their significant others has aired for twelve years on CBS, and has been one of the top-rated shows on TV for two-thirds of that time.
Despite some criticizing the show for its old-fashioned sitcom format and hokey humor, many more have grown to love the goofy characters, long-running gags, and light, oddball tone. Not every show has to break artistic ground to be a success, and The Big Bang Theory proves that. There’s something to be said for familiarity and dependability.
Whether you are a diehard fan or newcomer, The Big Bang Theory is compulsively streamable: light, and breezy with a short episode length. Letting half a season go by is a great way to spend a lazy sunday afternoon. So, let’s talk about your streaming options when it comes to The Big Band Theory.
Where to Stream The Big Bang Theory
In the US, The Big Bang Theory is in a weird place as far as streaming is concerned. The show is not available on any of the major streaming platforms like Netflix or Hulu in the country. In fact, the only place you’ll find The Big Bang Theory in the United States is on the CBS All Access streaming service. CBS All Access costs $5.99 a month with commercials or $9.99 a month for the commercial-free option and grants you access to episdoes of hundreds of CBS shows.
Yet, there are two problems with going with CBS All Access to stream The Big Bang Theory: 1. The service is only available in the US, leaving all others out of luck and 2. Only episodes of the 12th season are currently available to stream, which is no good if you have to start from the beginning, or any other point in the series.
Oddly enough, due to licensing quirks, seasons one through eleven of The Big Bang Theory are available on the UK Netflix library. This is fortunate for fans living in the UK, but others in the US and around the world can take advantage of this, as well.
Why Use a VPN to Stream The Big Bang Theory
Even though The Big Bang Theory is available through UK Netflix and not many other countries’ Netflix catalogs, you can watch it on UK Netflix no matter where you live by using a VPN. A VPN (virtual private network) allows users to route their internet connection through servers around world, granting them a local IP address within that country and the ability to bypass regional restrictions on content, viewing it as if you were actually logging on within that country.
If you are in the US or elsewhere, by connecting to a UK server through an ace VPN like ExpressVPN, you will unlock the UK version of the Netflix library, which includes season 1-11 of The Big Bang Theory, along with other stuff you may not be able to find in your country’s Netflix catalog.
On top of letting you bypass annoying geoblocking, VPNs come equipped with great security features like data encryption and an automatic kill switch that shuts off your internet connection if the VPN drops out. All in all, a great package of features for the low price that a subscription will run you.
How to Stream The Big Bang Theory from Anywhere with a VPN
- Subscribe to a VPN with servers in the UK and the ability to unblock Netflix (our choice pick would be ExpressVPN)
- Download and install the VPN client on the devices you use for video streaming and the internet.
- Head here to sign up for Netflix if you haven’t done so already.
- Go ahead and install the Netflix app on your streaming devices.
- Use your VPN client to connect to a server within the UK.
- Once you are connected to a UK server, enter Netflix and you should find that you have unlocked the UK library of titles, which will include seasons 1 through 11 of The Big Bang Theory. Enjoy!
- VPNs are supported on a wide swath of devices, including iOS/Android mobile phones and tablets, streaming media consoles like Roku and Apple TV, and popular video gaming consoles like PS4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One. Scope each VPN’s list of supported devices to choose the one that best support the ones you’ll use.
- Netflix is compatible with all streaming media consoles, Android & iOS mobile phones and tablets, web browsers, Chromecast, Blu-Ray players, gaming consoles, and more. View the complete list here.
The Top Five VPNs for Streaming The Big Bang Theory
- 2000 servers in 148 cities, worldwide
- 7 United Kingdom server locations
- High-end 256-bit data encryption
- No bandwidth restrictions
- Doesn’t keep connection or activity logs
- The best VPN for Netflix
- Top-rated 24-7 live online customer support
- Works best for expats in China
- $8.32 a month with the one-year subscription plan
- Over 3000 servers in 60 countries, including 324 servers in the UK
- 7 simultaneous logins
- Excellent 256-bit AES data encryption
- No bandwidth restrictions
- Automatic kill switch feature
- DNS and IP leak protection
- Plans start at $3.50 a month (18-month subscription)
- Industry leader in total server count with over 5000 in 60+ countries, including 674 in the UK
- Six simultaneous logins with one membership
- No activity logging
- 24/7 live online customer service
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Plans starting at $2.99 with a three-year subscription (limited time)
- 700 servers in 70+ cities, with servers in London
- 24/7 online customer service
- Unlimited bandwidth and server switching
- No 3rd party cooperation
- Five simultaneous connections
- Plans beginning at $5 a month (one-year plan)
- 2000+ servers in 140 countries, with 168 servers in 4 UK locations
- Works well with Netflix
- Five simultaneous logins
- No bandwidth or download limits
- Split tunneling feature
- No activity logging
- Kill switch feature
- 31-day money back guarantee
- Just $2.95 a month with a one-year subscription purchase