How to Watch the French Ligue 2 from Anywhere in the World
For the record, BestVPN.org does not condone copyright violation with the help of a VPN but promotes online privacy and security afforded by Virtual Private Networks.
Where to Stream the Ligue 2 Online
The Domino’s Ligue 2 can’t boast of a long list of official broadcasters, but you have just enough options to stream the games live – no matter where you are.
Domestically, beIn Sports telecasts the Ligue 2 – one match live on Sundays and eight games on Fridays simulcast by beIn Sports, beIn Sports 1 and 2, and beIn Sports MAX 8.
Canal+ airs and streams one Ligue 2 match on Mondays while the official Domino’s Ligue 2 YouTube and DailyMotion channels stream match highlights and press-conferences on Sundays and Tuesdays.
Internationally, you would need to check if Canal+ Sport is available in your region because it has several channels in Africa, such as Canal+ Sport 2 Afrique.
Alternatively, Bet365 is the only international live streamer covering the Ligue 2 elsewhere. It’s not ideal since you need to be a registered user and have a deposited account ($10), but at least you get the full Ligue 2 coverage.
Why Use a VPN to Stream the Ligue 2 Live
If you're in France, you should have no problem streaming the Ligue 2 using your beIn Sports or Canal+ subscription unless your office or school firewall blocks all the fun websites, sports streaming included.
But you face a real headache when you try to stream the Ligue 2 from outside of France. Case in point – geo-blocks. The only reason geo-blocks exist is the broadcast licensing that limits each provider to a select country or a region. It just happens so that both Canal+ and beIn Sports have acquired the license to stream the Ligue 2 in France - and nowhere else.
That’s why, even though you have a premium membership, you can’t stream the Ligue 2 via Canal+ or beIn Sports from the UK, the US, or China. Bummer.
Rest easy – there is a quick workaround. Use a Virtual Private Network to anchor your Internet connection to France and stream the Ligue 2 with your French cable subscription.
Here’s how it works: a VPN provider runs a web of servers across the world. When you connect to a VPN server in France, it assigns you a French IP address and routes all your traffic through a secured tunnel. And with a French IP address, you can stream the Ligue 2 as if you were home in France. Note: you can be anywhere in the world to be able to use a VPN. All you need is a VPN subscription and an Internet connection.
Since a VPN encrypts your data and routes it through a secured tunnel, you get an extra layer of protection for your online privacy:
- Your Internet Service Provider can’t track what you’re up to online or throttle your bandwidth when you stream or game online
- Your sensitive information is protected from the Man-in-the-Middle attacks
- You can browse safely using public WiFi hotspots
- You sneak past your school or office firewalls
- Sites you visit can’t see your real IP address
- You can pretend to be in almost any country, digitally speaking
- You can unlock a variety of gaming and streaming sites and get better deals when shopping online
How to Stream the Ligue 2 with a VPN
Streaming the Ligue 1 with a VPN is not rocket science, and most providers now offer detailed tutorials and live help, including via TeamViewer:
- Buy a VPN subscription. If in doubt, check my recommendations below or head over to the Best VPNs for France or the Best VPNs for Sports Streaming.
- Install the VPN program on your device.
- Connect to a VPN server in France.
- It might be a good idea to clear your browser’s cache now.
- Go to your streaming site.
- You should be able to stream your Ligue 2 now – from anywhere in the world.
The Best 3 VPNs to Stream the Ligue 2 Live Online from Anywhere
You probably want to try a free VPN, but be advised – free VPNs log your activities and sell your data to everyone and their grandma (because that’s how they monetize their services).
- 750 servers in 140 countries, 14 in France
- High-speed servers
- Supports more than 50 platforms
- Five simultaneous connections
- 3-day trial/$2.5
- 7-day refund policy
- 39 P2P- and streaming-optimized servers in 30 countries
- Blazing-fast speeds
- DNS leak protection, kill switch
- Easy to use
- Port forwarding, no logs
- A free plan is available
- 100+ servers across 22 countries, 3 in Paris
- Best for secure and private browsing
- Ideal speeds for P2P and streaming
- Five simultaneous connections
- Swedish provider, no logs
- 3-hour free trial
- 30-day refund policy